AFT Fathom Goal Seek & Control (GSC) Module
Identify Input Parameters That Yield Desired Output Values and Simulate Control Functions
One of the powerful benefits of system modelling is the ability to evaluate the effects of changing system parameters.
The AFT Fathom GSC module lets you:
- Save time by avoiding manual iterative analyses
- Define multiple variables and goals at multiple locations throughout the system
- Answer questions such as:
- What pump speed will achieve a specified total flow to multiple, remote tanks?
- What positioning of multiple valves will yield a desired differential supply pressure between pieces of equipment in your system?
- Increase your productivity
Modelling parameters that may be used as variables or goals include:
- Pumps - speed, flow, head rise, impeller diameter
- Valves - open percent, Cv/K, deltaP, flow
- Reservoirs - liquid level, temperature
- Control valves - setpoint, open percent
- Orifice - diameter, area
- Heat exchangers - heat rate, temperatures, area, U value
- Spray discharge - area, K value, exit pressure