- Simulates the flow of liquids and gases (water, hydrocarbons, air, steam, natural and other gases, petroleum fractions etc.) in pipe systems.
- Determines the performance of multiple pumps, fans, control valves, orifice plates, non-return valves and any type of line equipment in complex pipe networks.
- Calculates the friction loss with non-Newtonian liquids, particulate (settling) slurries, power law fluids, Bingham plastics, paper pulp and 2- phase liquid/gas flows.
- Calculates heat transfer in pipe systems .
- Dynamic Analysis - perform time-based or what-if analysis. Understanding how a plant will react to changing operation conditions can be vital. Dynamic analysis removes guesswork when performing such simulations.
- Flows, pressures and friction losses around complex pipe networks.
- Velocity, density, temperature change, choked and sonic conditions in compressible flow.
- Automatic fluid phase detection.
- Thermo-physical properties of fluid mixtures.
- Determines non-Newtonian / non-settling physical property coefficients from rheological data and associated apparent viscosity.
- Determines solids effect for particulate (settling) slurry flow.
- Determines pipe economic size or velocity.
- Pump power, efficiency and NPSH.
- Total Heat Balance - heat loss/gain through pipe walls (insulated, uninsulated, buried); heat or temperature change acrossheat exchangers and other line equipment.
Typical Design Applications
- Systems containing multiple pumps and fans in parallel, series or booster configuration.
- Systems containing multiple control valves.
- Process and instrumentation air.
- Natural and other gas reticulation including coal seam methane and LNG systems.
- Mining, pharmaceutical, food, wastewater and mineral process systems.
- Fixed fire protection design - hydrant ring-mains and deluge systems.
- Spray/sprinkler systems of any type.
- Mine dewatering.
- Multiple borehole pumps.
- Ventilation and fume extraction (rectangular ducts can be simulated).
- High pressure gas flow (sonic conditions detected).
- Water and wastewater treatment.
- Cooling water systems.
- Infrastructure services (water, sewage, gas).
Licensing and Pricing
- FluidFlow Product Bulletin giving details of licensing and prices
- FluidFlow Product Overview
- The Business Case for using FluidFlow
- Results Verification
- Relief Valve Sizing
- Applications to the Mining Industry
- Fire Protection
- Compressible Flow
- 2-Phase Flow
- Steam Flow
- Slurry Flow
- Dynamic Analysis
- Aviation Fuel Hydrant System
- Process Facility Test Rig
- Relocation of Flow control Valve in an Existing System
- Green Ship Case Study
FluidFlow Mining White Paper
Applications for FluidFlow in the Mining and Mineral Processing Industry